In private practice since 1989, Lane Fisher currently represents more than 500 franchise brands in business transactions and complex franchise litigation. Lane is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania and New Jersey and chairs the Franchise Law Committee of the Business Law Section of the Philadelphia Bar Association and is a member of the American Bar Association’s Forum Committee on Franchising. In addition to chairing its membership committee from 2005-2013, Lane served as a member of the International Franchise Association’s Board of Directors from 2005-2011 and is a past member of its executive committee and a past chair of the executive committee of the Supplier Forum Advisory Board. Lane also served as former chair of the Legal Symposium Task Force from 2006-2009 and previously served on the Federal Advisory Board.
Lane is a frequent speaker at franchise conferences and has written extensively on many aspects of franchising. Every year since 2004, Philadelphia Magazine has identified Lane as a Pennsylvania SuperLawyer and Franchise Times identified Lane in the “Top 100 Franchise Attorneys”, earning its Legal Eagle designation. Since 2010, Lane has earned the distinction of “Awesome Attorney” in Suburban Life magazine. Lane has published more than 50 articles and given more than 10 presentations on franchising-related issues at conferences and served as a frequent commentator and contributor to such media as CNN-fn, ABC/Live Well!, CN8, INC. Magazine, Franchise Times, Franchise Update, Franchising World, Franchise Law Journal, and The Franchise Lawyer.
Lane is a graduate of American University’s Washington College of Law (J.D. 1989).
Lane also holds a B.B.A. in finance (1985) and an M.B.A. in international business (1986) from George Washington University.
- Lane is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania and New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania (1990)
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania (2006)
- Supreme Court of New Jersey (1990)
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey (1990)
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania (1989)
- United States Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit (2007)
- American Bar Association
- Forum Committee on Franchising
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Franchise Law Committee
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Franchise Law Committee
- International Franchise Association
- Multi Unit Franchisee Task Force (2008 – Present)
- Research Committee (2008 – Present)
- Membership Committee Chair (2006 – Present)
- Member Board of Directors (2005 – Present)
- Chair, Legal Symposium Task Force (2006 – 2009)
- Past Chair of the Supplier Forum (2005 – 2006)